Pediatric ophthalmology and squint Fellowship
Children, unlike adults, need special care and attention when it comes to eye examination. Pediatric ophthalmology and squint fellowship at Narayana Nethralaya is focussed at training young ophthalmologists in comprehensive evaluation of children as well as providing wide range of clinical exposure in Pediatric and adult strabismus. Fellows are given ample opportunities to observe and learn clinical management of patients in out Patient clinics. Trainees are also given opportunities to individually handle patients and actively take part in allied clinics like Orthoptic and CVI (Cortical visual impairment) clinic. Institute also has Retinopathy of prematurity(ROP) Screening programme.
- Qualification: Fellowship opportunity is offered to trainees with minimum qualifications: MS/DNB.
- How to apply: The applicants are asked to submit their CV following which an interview is scheduled for further assessment.
- Duration of fellowship: 24 months
- Stipend: 56,000/- per month
- For any queries please contact :
Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: +91 9481840204, +91 9449029480
Narayana Nethralaya has finest wet lab facilities for trainees, that is well supervised. Simulator based training is also provided to improve hand eye coordination. Trainees initially get to observe and assist surgeries .Independent surgical opportunities depend on individual skill as determined by the mentor or the attending surgeon. The objective is to coach the young ophthalmologist to become highly ethical and skilled surgeon.
Academic activities include-case based discussions in clinics, Seminars and presentations, keep the trainees not just intellectually occupied but also help to keep their clinical acumen sharp. Fellows also get an opportunity to present their research at various national and international podiums.
If RGUHS – YES
Admission fee: Rs. 22,400/- per candidate for fellowship course
Instruments – Cornea / Refractive – Topography
- Glue BCL
- Suture removal
- FB removal
- CL trial
- Cornea- TPK, OPK, DALK, DSEK, DMEK, PDEK, corneal tattooing, triple procedures
- Ocular surface-Pterygium, patch graft, SLET,AMG,MMG,Tenonplasty, OSSN excision, Dermoid excision
- Refractive- CXL, TPRK+CXL, PRK, LASIK, SMILE,INTACS
International applicants – can opt for short term observational or long term fellowship.
Contact person: Ms. Cynthia Roy (Head of Department – International)