Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”); and
- Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- The type of information collected from the Users includes sensitive personal data or information;
- The purpose, means, and modes of usage of such information; and
- How and to whom we will disclose such information.
Collection of personal information
The nature of services provided by Narayana Nethralaya during its business requires us to know who you are so that we can best meet your needs. When you access the services, you may be asked to voluntarily provide us with certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to identify you personally. Without prejudice to the generality of the above, information collected by Narayana Nethralaya from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Contact data (such as your mobile number, email address, and phone number);
- Demographic data (such as your gender, nationality, date of birth, postal address, and pin code);
- Data regarding your usage of the services and history of the appointments and other transactions made by or with you through the use of Services;
- Health or medical data (such as your LMP, past medical history and conditions, diagnostic reports, prescriptions, medication history and holistic history)
- Insurance data (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan); and
- Other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us (such as information shared by you with us through emails or letters, your work details, your family details)
The information collected from you by Narayana Nethralaya may constitute “personal information or ‘sensitive personal data or information under the SPI Rules.
Information that is freely available in the public domain or accessible under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law will not be regarded as personal information or sensitive personal data or information.
Usage of Information
All the information provided to us by a User, including sensitive personal information, is voluntary. You understand that Narayana Nethralaya, either itself or with its Partners, may use certain information of yours, which has been designated as ‘sensitive personal data or information under the SPI Rules;
- To provide you with the Services,
- For commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis, and business intelligence purposes,
- For the sale or transfer of such research, statistical, or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to our Partners.
Narayana Nethralaya also reserves the right to use the information provided by or about the User for the following purposes:
- Contacting Users for updates
- Contacting Users for taking product and Service feedback.
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing anonymized information for commercial use.
You hereby consent to such use of such information by Narayana Nethralaya and its Partner/s
When you voluntarily send us electronic mail or chat, we will keep a record of this information so that we can respond to you. We only collect information from you when you register on our website, online portal and mobile app and fill out a form. Also, when filling out a form on our site/app, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. In case you have submitted your personal information and contact details, we reserve the right to Call, SMS, Email, or WhatsApp about our products and offers, even if your number has DND activated.
Users’ personally identifiable information, which they choose to provide is used to help the Users describe/identify themselves. Other information that does not personally identify the Users as an individual, is collected by Narayana Nethralaya or its Partners from Users (such as patterns of utilization described above) and is exclusively owned by Narayana Nethralaya or its partners.
We or our Partners may also use such information in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis, and business intelligence. We and our Partners reserve with us the right to use anonymized User demographics information and anonymized User health information for the following purposes:
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing such information for research and development.
- Using analysis of such information in other commercial product offerings of Narayana Nethralaya or its Partners.
- Sharing analysis of such information with third parties for commercial use.
We may require the User to pay with a credit card, debit card, net banking, wallet, or other online payment mechanisms for Services for which an amount(s) is/are payable. We will collect such User’s financial institution information such as bank account numbers and will use that information for the billing and payment processes, including but not limited to the use and disclosure of information to third parties as necessary to complete such billing operation.
Verification of credit information, however, is accomplished solely by the User through the authentication process offered by a third-party payment gateway. Users’ credit card/ debit card details are transacted upon secure sites of approved payment gateways which are digitally encrypted, thereby providing the highest possible degree of care as per the latest technology currently available.
Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when a User or anyone visits our website, online portal and mobile app, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which anyone visits. We also receive the Internet Protocol (IP) address of each User’s computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the World Wide Web), the User’s computer/ device operating system, and the type of web browser the User is using, email platform, as well as the name of User’s ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help Narayana Nethralaya improve its service. The linkage between the User’s IP address and the User’s personally identifiable information may be available to us or our Partners but is not shared with other third parties.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share some of the aggregate findings (not the specific data) in anonymized form (i.e., non-personally identifiable) with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others to help grow our business.
Our digital properties may include social media features, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. buttons. These features may collect your IP address, and which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing them.
Contacting Narayanana Nethralaya/Follow-ups
Comments or questions sent to us using email or secure messaging forms will be shared with our employees, software application service providers, diagnostic services providers, and other healthcare professionals and consultants, who are most able to address the comment or question.
We will archive your messages once we have made our best effort to provide you with a complete and satisfactory response. When you use a service to interact directly with Narayana Nethralaya professionals, some information you provide may be documented in your medical record, and available for us to guide your treatment as a patient.
If a user uses our services after a notice of changes has been sent to such a user or published on the website, the such user hereby provides his/her consent to the changed terms.