1st Ocular Pathology laboratory in Karnataka
Ophthalmic Pathology is the sub-specialty of Ophthalmology and Pathology that focuses on diseases of the eye and its neighbouring tissues.
We at COPE, provide Histopathology & Cytology services where in patients tissues and tumors removed after surgery is examined and the pathology is identified at a tissue level or cellular level, which aids in better patient management.
Being a part of the teaching institute, our students get hands on experience in this branch where they see and learn various pathologies affecting the eye including intraocular and orbital malignancies.
1. Histopathology (HPE)
– Systematic grossing of Enucleated & eviscerated eyeballs according to protocols
– Reporting of Biopsies from Lid/ cornea/conjunctiva/ orbit
– Second opinion and review reports
– Vitreous fluid & Aqueous tap cytology with cell block facility for ancillary testing like IHC.
– Fine Needle Aspiration cytology (FNAC) & Fine needle Aspiration biopsies (FNAB).
– Impression cytology for OSSN, Dry eye evaluation, Infective etiology etc.
3. Immunohistochemical studies (IHC) with reporting.
4. Immunofluorescence studies for Conjunctival biopsies.
Why Choose Us over a routine pathology laboratory?
- Experienced in handling and reporting tiny ophthalmic specimens as well as whole mounts of eyeballs.
- Well equipped Laboratory with advanced tissue & cytology processing equipments.
- Faster & Accurate reporting of your samples.
- Timely communication and coordination with the referring consultant/ Hospital for an accurate report which aids in better patient management.
- Reporting by a trained ocular pathologist and specimen processing by an experienced Histotechnician.
Meet our Pathologist
Name: Dr Shruthi M K
Designation: Consultant Ocular Pathologist and Incharge , Center for Ocular Pathology and Education COPE
Specialization: Pathology, Ophthalmic pathology
Practice Location: NN2
Days & timing of availability for each centre: Mon- Friday 9am – 3pm
She is one among the very few Ophthalmic pathologists in the country and has 10 + years of rich experience in Surgical pathology, cytology haematology,clinical pathology and IHC interpretation.
She has completed her undergraduate and post-graduation from JSS Medical college ,Mysore .
She is a Gold medalist in pathology and is trained in Ophthalmic pathology from the prestigious Sankara Nethralaya Chennai.
She is also certified in Nephropathology by the International society of Nephrology, and is trained and experienced in NABL audits as per ISO 15189:2012.
Education & Training
Achievements & Awards
Research & Publications (Number Of Indexed Papers)
The Ocular pathology laboratory is committed to delivering accurate,standardized,ethical pathology reports on time.