About Narayana Nethralaya
Narayana Nethralaya is a super speciality eye care hospital in Bangalore, committed to providing quality eye care and treatment of eye disorders to all sections of society. A NABH accredited institute, Narayana Nethralaya is ranked as the best eye care provider in Karnataka since over a decade, and includes the State’s only ocular stem cell, molecular, genetic and ocular gene therapy labs. Narayana Nethralaya’s state-of-the art facilities, latest treatment techniques, highly experienced and award winning eye specialists, competent staff, and certified technicians allow us to provide superior eye care for patients and attain the best possible results.
Narayana Nethralaya, spread across the city in four central locations in Rajajinagar, Bommasandra on Hosur Road, Indiranagar and Bannerghatta road, offers all ophthalmic super specialities, catering to over 1200 patients in a single day. We have over a hundred highly qualified and dedicated eye Specialists and surgeons who provide a wide range of super speciality ophthalmic care. Our 24×7 International standard tissue banking facilities – Dr.Rajkumar Eye Bank & Shankar Anand Eye Bank, together account for over 45% of the states eye collection and have consistently been ranked among the top eye banks in the country.
At Narayana Nethralaya we are committed to providing the best services in eye care through continual improvements of our systems, process, technology, and through the employment of dedicated and competent professionals of a progressive mindset.
“We at Narayana Nethralaya are committed to provide the best services in Eye care through continual improvements of our systems, process, technology and through the employment of dedicated and competent professionals of a progressive mindset”.
Basically it means – “Best people with best technology for best outcomes with continual improvement”.
“Benchmark in Quality Eye Care”
“Pioneer in contemporary Eye Care”
Our Approach to eye care
Care with compassion
To provide care with a positive attitude, listening to patients, apologizing for any mistakes, and taking corrective action.
Integrity and excellence
We work as a team to provide comprehensive eye care to our patients. We act ethically and take responsibility for everything we do.
Safety with innovation
The safety of our patients and their families is our top priority. Patient data (from those patients who give consent) is used for the purpose of medical research and drive the development of new treatments.
Established in the year 1982 as an eye clinic at Srirampuram, Bangalore, by Dr. Katkeri Bhujang Shetty, a leading luminary in the field of Ophthalmic Health Care in the country, Narayana Nethralaya has achieved remarkable growth in the last 39 years. A testimony to his determination and hard work, Dr. Shetty’s vision of establishing a ‘dream center’ of eye care training, service and research is now a reality.
Narayana Nethralaya, the present day Super Specialty Eye Care Hospital at Rajajinagar was inaugurated in the year 1993 by Padmabhushana Dr.Rajkumar. Narayana Nethralaya Super Specialty Eye Care Hospital at Narayana Health City was established in the year 2007 and is spread across 75000 Sq. Ft. in South Bangalore.
The Narayana Nethralaya Super Specialty Eye Care Hospital at Indiranagar, was established in the year 2021 and is spread across 25000 square feet in the heart of the Central Business district.
Narayana Nethralaya Super Specialty Eye Care Hospital at Bannerghatta Road was established in the year 2015 and is spread across 38000 Sq. Ft. in South Bangalore.
Screenings through outreach camps in last 5 Years
KIDROP Sessions Completed
Narayana Nethralaya for Society
- Provides uniform care to both low and high income groups.
- Constantly upgrades its technology and infrastructure to ensure international quality eye care.
- Narayana Nethralaya has always supported the poor and needy by ensuring they receive quality eye care free of cost or at subsidized rates. In the last two financial years alone, Narayana Nethralaya has discounted over Rupees 9.35 crores in subsidy and free surgical care for the poor throughout the state.
- No child is denied ‘vision giving surgery’ for want of money.
- Annually conducts over 170 free eye screening camps in rural, peripheral suburban and urban areas for the under privileged.
- Narayana Nethralaya has one of the best eye banking successes in the country and runs two 24×7 Eye Banks which cater to over 50% of the State’s utilization of donated corneal tissues.
- Provides free eye screening to prematurely born babies in all government hospitals in Karnataka saving over Rs 410 crores of infant blindness burden.
- Invests heavily into Research and Development.
- Narayana Nethralaya is renowned for socially relevant research and partnerships with the Government in alleviating blindness.
- Some of Narayana Nethralaya’s efforts towards screening, detecting and treating preventable childhood blindness include the Pavagada Pediatric Eye Disease Study, Slum 10k Project and Find the Blind.
- Narayana Nethralaya has successfully treated 129 patients till date for Retinoblastoma. More than 90% of these patients are from the rural areas.