Orbit, Oculoplasty and Ocular Oncology
Fellowship in Oculoplastics at Naryana Nethralaya is one of the few and most prestigious in the country. There is a good balance of academics, surgical training as well as research opportunities as a part of this fellowship.
- Qualification: Fellowship opportunity is offered to trainees with minimum qualifications: MS/DNB.
- How to apply: The applicants are asked to submit their CV following which an interview is scheduled for further assessment
- Duration of fellowship: 24 months
- Stipend: 56,000/- per month
- For any queries please contact :
Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: +91 9481840204, +91 9449029480
Teaching is in the form of seminars – with case based discussions, topic-wise learning and journal clubs. Teaching is imparted by consultants of the department from all centers, via a video based conference call.
Candidates are exposed to a wide variety of eyelid and orbit conditions as the OPD caters to patients from all across the state. The fellow is expected to actively participate and perform a thorough patient evaluation and present their plan of management to the concerned consultant. Candidates will receive training in surgical procedures such as dacryocystorhinostomy and dacryocystectomy, probing and intubation, excision biopsy, evisceration/enucleation, ptosis correction, entropion and ectropion correction and minor procedures such as tarsorraphy and incision and curettage. OPD procedures such as Botulinum toxin injection may also be observed.
Research and presentations:
Fellows are encouraged to take on research projects and present them at state, national and international conferences.
If RGUHS – YES
Admission fee: Rs. 22,400/- per candidate for fellowship course
Instruments – Cornea / Refractive – Topography
- Glue BCL
- Suture removal
- FB removal
- CL trial
- Cornea- TPK, OPK, DALK, DSEK, DMEK, PDEK, corneal tattooing, triple procedures
- Ocular surface-Pterygium, patch graft, SLET,AMG,MMG,Tenonplasty, OSSN excision, Dermoid excision
- Refractive- CXL, TPRK+CXL, PRK, LASIK, SMILE,INTACS
International applicants – can opt for short term observational or long term fellowship.
Contact person: Ms. Cynthia Roy (Head of Department – International)