Arkasubhra Ghosh, M.Sc., PhD.
Head of Department, GROW Research Laboratory, Molecular Signalling and Gene therapy,
Narayana Nethralaya Foundation, Narayana Health City, Bangalore, India
Adjunct Research Scientist, Singapore Eye Research Institute, Singapore
3rd Floor, Narayana Nethralaya, Narayana Health City
# 258/A, Bommasandra, Hosur Road,
Bangalore – 560 099 – INDIA.
The GROW research laboratory was established in 2013 with the goal of performing patient directed, discovery research for application in future diagnostics, drug repurposing and novel therapies. The Ghosh laboratory focuses on understanding the genetic and molecular signaling mechanisms driving pathogenesis of ocular disorders and cancers. In particular, we are interested in signal cascades that determine the course and severity of the disorders for applications in early clinical diagnosis and identification of novel therapeutic targets. The laboratory research techniques focus on identifying these processes from primary patient samples by transcriptomic analyses, protein biochemistry, mass spectrometry and flow cytometric methods followed by modeling the conditions in relevant in vitro cell culture and in vivo animal models. The gene therapy platform being developed focuses on recombinant Adeno-associated virus as the transfer vehicle utilizing multiple pseudotyped capsids for efficient delivery for targeted treatment of inherited ocular diseases. The laboratory collaborates with clinicians to develop a database of mutations and genes associated with genetic diseases within the Indian population.
ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS, AWARDS AND HONORS
2015 ARVO International travel award. Discovery of novel cell cycle regulatory and signal transduction modules driving Retinoblastoma using a correlative multi-omics approach. ARVO Annual conference Denver.
2015 ARVO International travel award. Gene expression patterns predictive of post PRK corneal haze . ARVO Annual conference, Denver.
2015 Recognised as PhD Guide at VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology), School of BioSciences and BioTechnology, Vellore, India
2015 Appointed as Adjunct Scientist, Mazumdar Shaw Translational Research Center, Bangalore, India.
2014 Appointed Adjunct Faculty at the Singapore Eye Research Institute, Singapore
2014 Invited Faculty at IERG (Indian Eye Research Group) Biennial meeting, India
2013 Invited Faculty lectures (Gene Therapy, Nanomedicine) at Asia-ARVO, India
2013 Invited Faculty lecture at Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Congress, India
2013 Chair, Disease mechanisms and Instructor, Genetics of orbit and anterior segment. Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Congress.
2013 Recognised as PhD Guide under RGUHS (Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences),
Faculty of medicine, Department of Microbiology, Bangalore, India
2010-2012 Panel judge for the Annual Singapore Science and Education Fair, Singapore Science Center.
2008 Excellence in Research award – The American Society of Gene Therapy.
2008 The American Society of Gene Therapy Travel award. Systemic AAV-9 delivery in normal dog leads to high-level persistent transduction in whole body skeletal muscle. ASGT annual conference, Boston.
2008 Panel judge for the Life Science Week poster competition, 2008 (University of Missouri-Columbia)
2008 Dysferlin (Jain) Foundation award for best contributer to the dysferlin scientific forum.
2006 The American Society of Gene Therapy Travel award. A Novel Hybrid System Efficiently Expands AAV Packaging Capacity. ASGT annual conference, Baltimore.
2005 1st Place at the Missouri Life Sciences Week poster competition, Columbia, USA. Title: Packing in Portions in the right bags: Expanding the Capacity of AAV-Mediated Gene Therapy.
2003 2nd Place at the Missouri Life Sciences Week poster competition, Columbia, USA. Title: Membrane protein P43 (EntS) participates in enterobactin release from Escherichia coli.
2002-2006 Life Science predoctoral fellowship at the University of Missouri-Columbia, USA.
2002 2nd Place at the National Symposium on “Perspectives in Integrated Plant Disease Management”, Nagpur, India Poster competition. Title: Management of bacterial blight of cotton with the use of plant leaf extracts.
2001 Qualified the NET (National Eligibility Test, conducted by the University Grants Commission, India)
2001 All India rank 75th in GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and Biomedical Sciences, conducted by the Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institute of Science).
1999 VSRP Fellowship (visiting scholar) at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai, India.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Shetty R, Matalia H, Srivatsa P, Ghosh A, Sinha-Roy A. A novel Zernike application to differentiate between 3-D corneal thickness of normal corneas and corneas with Keratoconus American Journal of Ophthalmology. 2015, Jun 8.
- Shetty R, Deshpande K, Ghosh A, Sethu S. Management of Ocular Neuropathic Pain With Vitamin B12 Supplements: A Case Report. Cornea. 2015 Oct;34(10):1324-5.
- Shetty R, Nuijts RM, Nanaiah SG, Anandula VR, Ghosh A, Jayadev C, Pahuja N, Kumaramanickavel G, Nallathambi J. Two novel missense substitutions in the VSX1 gene: clinical and genetic analysis of families with Keratoconus from India. BMC Med Genet. 2015 May 12;16(1):33.
- Battu R, Verma A, Hariharan R, Krishna S, Kiran R, Jacob J, Ganapathy A, Vedam R, Kumaramanickavel G, Jeyablan N and Ghosh A. Identification of novel mutations in ABCA4 Gene: Clinical and genetic analysis of Indian patients with Stargardt’s Disease. BioMed Research International. 2015; 940864. doi: 10.1155/2015/940864. Epub 2015 Apr 2.
- Aung T, Ozaki M, Mizoguchi T, Allingham RR, Li Z, Haripriya A, Nakano S, Uebe S, Harder JM, Chan AS, Lee MC, Burdon KP, Astakhov YS, Abu-Amero KK, Zenteno JC, Nilgün Y, Zarnowski T, Pakravan M, Safieh LA, Jia L, Wang YX, Williams S, Paoli D, Schlottmann PG, Huang L, Sim KS, Foo JN, Nakano M, Ikeda Y, Kumar RS, Ueno M, Manabe SI, Hayashi K, Kazama S, Ideta R, Mori Y, Miyata K, Sugiyama K, Higashide T, Chihara E, Inoue K, Ishiko S, Yoshida A, Yanagi M, Kiuchi Y, Aihara M, Ohashi T, Sakurai T, Sugimoto T, Chuman H, Matsuda F, Yamashiro K, Gotoh N, Miyake M, Astakhov SY, Osman EA, Al-Obeidan SA, Owaidhah O, Al-Jasim L, Shahwan SA, Fogarty RA, Leo P, Yetkin Y, Oğuz Ç, Kanavi MR, Beni AN, Yazdani S, Akopov EL, Toh KY, Howell GR, Orr AC, Goh Y, Meah WY, Peh SQ, Kosior-Jarecka E, Lukasik U, Krumbiegel M, Vithana EN, Wong TY, Liu Y, Koch AE, Challa P, Rautenbach RM, Mackey DA, Hewitt AW, Mitchell P, Wang JJ, Ziskind A, Carmichael T, Ramakrishnan R, Narendran K, Venkatesh R, Vijayan S, Zhao P, Chen X, Guadarrama-Vallejo D, Cheng CY, Perera SA, Husain R, Ho SL, Welge-Luessen UC, Mardin C, Schloetzer-Schrehardt U, Hillmer AM, Herms S, Moebus S, Nöthen MM, Weisschuh N, Shetty R, Ghosh A, Teo YY, Brown MA, Lischinsky I; Blue Mountains Eye Study GWAS Team; Wellcome Trust Case Control Consortium 2, Crowston JG, Coote M, Zhao B, Sang J, Zhang N, You Q, Vysochinskaya V, Founti P, Chatzikyriakidou A, Lambropoulos A, Anastasopoulos E, Coleman AL, Wilson MR, Rhee DJ, Kang JH, May-Bolchakova I, Heegaard S, Mori K, Alward WL, Jonas JB, Xu L, Liebmann JM, Chowbay B, Schaeffeler E, Schwab M, Lerner F, Wang N, Yang Z, Frezzotti P, Kinoshita S, Fingert JH, Inatani M, Tashiro K, Reis A, Edward DP, Pasquale LR, Kubota T, Wiggs JL, Pasutto F, Topouzis F, Dubina M, Craig JE, Yoshimura N, Sundaresan P, John SW, Ritch R, Hauser MA, Khor CC. A common variant mapping to CACNA1A is associated with susceptibility to exfoliation syndrome. Nature Genetics. 2015 Apr;47(4):387-92.
- Shetty R#, Ghosh A#, Murali S, Lim RR, Mihir K, Reshma AR, Ranganath A, Nagaraj S, Nuijts RMMA, Bueurman R, Das D, Chaurasia SS , Sinha-Roy A and Ghosh A. Elevated expression of Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 and Inflammatory Cytokines in Keratoconus Patients is inhibited by Cyclosporine A. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science. 2015 Jan 12;21:12-25. (Impact Factor: 66)
- Shetty R, Ramachandra RA, Sathyanarayanamoorthy A, Arora V, Ghosh A, Srivatsa PR, Pahuja N, Nuijts RMMA, Sinha-Roy A, Mohan RR and Ghosh A. Attenuation of Lysyl Oxidase and Collagen Gene Expression in Keratoconus Patient Corneal Epithelium Corresponds to Disease Severity. Molecular Vision. 2015 Feb 3;56(2):738-50. (Impact Factor: 45)
- Biomechanics of the cornea evaluated by spectral analysis of waveforms from Ocular Response Analyzer and Corvis-ST. Tejwani S,Shetty R, Kurien M, Dinakaran S, Ghosh A, Sinha Roy A. PLoS One 2014 Aug 27;9(8) (Impact Factor: 3.53)
- Ghosh A, Saginc G, Leow SC, Khattar E, Shin EM, Wong M, Malik N, Yan TD, Zhang Z, Li G, Sun WK, Zhou J, Chng WJ, Li S, Liu E, Tergaonkar V. Telomerase directly regulates NFkB dependent transcription. Nature Cell Biology. 2012 Dec;14(12):1270-81. [Recommended by Faculty of 1000 as being of special significance to the field]. (Impact Factor: 20.76)
- Korampally M, Apperson SJ, Staley CS, Castorena JA, Thiruvengadathan R, Gangopadhyay K, Mohan RR, Ghosh A, Polo-Parada L, Gangopadhyay S. Transient pressure mediated intranuclear delivery of FITC-Dextran into chicken cardiomyocytes by MEMS-based nanothermite reaction actuator. Sensors and Actuators B. August–September 2012, (171-172):1292–1296. (Impact Factor: 3.535)
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Duan D. Efficient transgene reconstitution with hybrid dual AAV vectors carrying the minimized bridging sequences. Hum Gene Therapy 2011 Jan;22(1):77-83. (Impact Factor: 4.20)
- Teo HL, Ghosh S*, Leusch H*, Ghosh A*, Wong ET*, Malik N, Wong M, Orth A, Jesus P, Perry AS, Oliver JD, Tran NL, Speiser L, Saez E, Schultz P, Chanda S, Verma I and Tergaonkar V. Telomere independent Rap1 is an IKK-adaptor and regulates NFkB-dependent gene expression. Nature Cell Biology. Aug;12(8):758-67. (*Equal contribution). (Impact Factor: 20.76)
- Sharma, A, Tovey J, Ghosh A, Mohan RR. AAV serotype influences gene transfer in corneal stroma in vivo. Experimental Eye Research. September 2010; 91(3): 440-448. (Impact Factor: 3.03)
- Lei B, Zhang K, Yue Y, Ghosh A, Duan D. Adeno-associated virus serotype-9 mediated retinal outer plexiform layer transduction is mainly through photoreceptors. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010; 664:671-8. (Impact Factor: 1.83)
- Sharma A, Ghosh A, Hansen ET, Newman JM, Mohan RR. Transduction efficiency of AAV 2/6, 2/8 and 2/9 vectors for delivering genes in human corneal fibroblasts. Brain Res Bulletin. 2010 Feb 15;81(2-3):273-8. (Impact Factor: 2.18)
- Chakrabarty PK, Chavhan RL, Ghosh A and Gabriel DW. Rapid and efficient protocols for high throughput extraction of plasmid DNA from strains of Xanthomonas axonopodis pv malvacearum and E. coli. J. Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Vol 19 (1): 99-102, Jan 2010.
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Shin JH, Duan D. Systemic Trans-Splicing Adeno-Associated Viral Delivery Efficiently Transduces the Heart of Adult mdx Mouse, a Model for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Human Gene Therapy. 2009 Nov;20(11):1319-28. [Commentary in Human Gene Therapy 2009 Nov. 20: 1224-25]. (Impact Factor: 4.20)
- Lei B, Zhang K, Yue Y, Ghosh A, Duan D. Adeno-associated virus serotype-9 efficiently transduces the retinal outer plexiform layer. Molecular Vision. 2009 Jul 17;15:1374-82. (Impact Factor: 1.99)
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Lai Y, Duan D. A novel hybrid vector system improves transduction from adeno-associated virus dual vectors by using both trans-splicing and overlapping pathways. Molecular Therapy. 2008 Jan;16(1):124-30. (Impact Factor: 7.04)
[Featured in BioTechniques “Citations” section. 2008 Feb; 44 (2)].
- Yue Y, Ghosh A, Long, C, Bostick, B, Smith, BF, Kornegay, JN, Duan D. Systemic AAV-9 delivery in normal dog leads to high-level persistent transduction in whole body skeletal muscle. Molecular Therapy. 2008 Dec;16(12):1944-52. (Impact Factor: 7.04)
- Bostick B, Ghosh A, Yue Y, Long C, Duan D. Systemic AAV-9 transduction in mice is influenced by animal age but not by route of administration. Gene Therapy. 2007 Nov;14(22):1605-9. (Impact Factor: 4.32)
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Long C, Bostick B, Duan D. Efficient whole-body transduction with trans-splicing adeno-associated viral vectors. Molecular Therapy 2007 Apr;15(4):750-5. (Impact Factor: 7.04)
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Duan D. Viral serotype and the transgene sequence influence overlapping adeno-associated viral (AAV) vector-mediated gene transfer in skeletal muscle. Journal of Gene Medicine. 2006 Mar;8(3):298-305. (Impact Factor: 2.16)
- Lai Y, Yue Y, Liu M, Ghosh A, Engelhardt JF, Chamberlain JS, Duan D. Efficient in vivo gene expression by trans-splicing adeno-associated viral vectors. Nature Biotechnology. 2005 Nov;23(11):1435-9. (Impact Factor: 32.44)
Review articles and book chapters:
- Gene Therapy for Inherited Ocular Disorders – A Revolutionary Medicine. Verma A, Chitra G, Nelson EJR, Shetty R and Ghosh A. (Invited review, Accepted, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology)
- Gopinath C, Nathar TJ, Ghosh A, Hickstein DD, Nelson EJ. Contemporary Animal Models For Human Gene Therapy Applications. Curr Gene Ther. 2015 Sep 29.
- Ghosh A*, Zhou L, Ghosh A, Shetty R, Bueurman R. Proteomic and gene expression patterns in Keratoconus. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology 2013 Aug;61(8):389-91.
- Jeyabalan N, Shetty R, Ghosh A, Anandula VR, Ghosh A, Kumaramanickavel G. Genetic and genomic perspective to understand the molecular pathogenesis of keratoconus. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology 2013 Aug;61(8):384-8. (Impact Factor: 1.02)
- Thiruvengadathan R, Korampally V, Ghosh A, Chanda N, Gangopadhyay K and Gangopadhyay S. Nanomaterial Processing using Self Assembly – Bottom-Up Chemical and Biological Approaches and Top-Down Patterning Processes. Reports on Progress in Physics. (Invited article). 2013 Jun; 76(6):066501. (Impact Factor: 13.83)
- Ghosh A*, Tergaonkar V. Extra-telomeric roles of telomeric proteins. Reviews on Selected Topics of Telomere Biology 2012. ISBN 978-953-51-0849-8 Intech. (Invited book chapter). (* Corresponding author).
- Ghosh A, Tergaonkar V. Telomeres and Inflammation: Rap1 joins the ends? Cell Cycle 2010 Oct 1;9(19):3834-3835. (Invited “Extra View” article). (Impact Factor: 5.24)
- Sharma A, Ghosh A, Sidappa, C and Mohan RR. Corneal Gene Therapy. Encyclopedia of the eye. 2010 Vol 2. Oxford Academic Press; 2010. pp. 185-194.
- Ghosh A and Duan D. Expanding Adeno-associated viral vector capacity – A tale of two vectors, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Reviews. 2007 Vol. 24, 165-178. (Impact Factor: 1.31)
- A quantitative testing of vitamins in tears and topical ophthalmic composition for treatment of ocular diseases. Rohit Shetty, Swaminathan Sethu, Arkasubhra Ghosh (Provisional Patent Application 3818/CHE/2015)
- Set of biomarkers to identify early diabetic retinopathy, retinal angiogenic diseases and resistance to ocular anti-VEGF therapy. Arkasubhra Ghosh, Santosh Gopi Krishna, Naresh Yadav, Priyanka Chevour, Narendra P, K. Bhujang Shetty. (Provisional Patent 2251/CHE/2015 )
- A process for identification of biomarkers for Keratoconus progression. 2013. Roger Bueurman, Arkasubhra Ghosh, Rohit Shetty, Zhou Lei and Debashish Das (provisional patent 110/CHE/2013)
- A Transgene-independent Hybrid Vector System Expands Adeno-associated Viral Vector Packaging Capacity. 2009. Dongsheng Duan, Arkasubhra Ghosh and Yongping Yue. (US 2010/0003218 A1)
- Dual vector technology for AAV mediated gene transfer. 2005. Dongsheng Duan, Arkasubhra Ghosh and Yongping Yue.
Ph.D. 09/2007 Gene therapy/Virology Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology,
School of Medicine, Univ. of Missouri – Columbia, MO, USA.
(Life Science Fellow)
M.S. 07/2000 Microbiology Dept. of Microbiology, Nagpur University, Nagpur, India
(First Division, Rank 2nd).
B.S. 07/1998 Chem., Microbio., Zoology Dharampeth Science College, Nagpur University,
Nagpur, India (First Division, Rank 2nd).
TEACHING and MENTORING
2012-present Training PhD students, clinicians and postdocs. Currently training 3 PhD students (2 basic science stream, 1 clinician) and 3 post-docs.
2009-2012 Training and supervising GAP program/NUS students and technicians at IMCB, Singapore.
2004-2008 Mentoring undergraduate students and training them in various molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
2004-2008 Mentoring graduate, rotation students and postdocs or technicians in vector design, recombinant pseudotyped AAV production, quality assessment and biochemical analyses.
2003-2004 Teaching assistant for Microbiology, problem-based-learning at the University of Missouri-Columbia, School of Medicine.
RESEARCH AND PROFFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
04/09-07/12 Post-doctoral research fellow, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore.
Role of telomeric proteins in cancer, inflammation and DNA damage repair signalling.
10/07-03/09 Post-doctoral fellow, Molecular Microbiology & Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Missouri-Columbia, MO, USA
Rational design of split gene Adeno-associated viral vectors for gene therapy of cystic fibrosis and Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
08/02-09/07 PhD Scholar, Molecular Microbiology & Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Missouri-Columbia, MO, USA
Development of novel molecular strategies to expand packaging capacity of adeno-associated virus for delivering large therapeutic genes throughout the body to treat lethal genetic disorders.
10/00-06/02 Research Associate, Central Institute for Cotton Research, Nagpur, India.
Molecular diagnostic tools for rapid detection and differentiation of different races of Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. malvacearum (bacterial blight of cotton plants).
05/99-07/99 VSRP Fellow, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Molecular Biology Unit, Mumbai, India.
Cloning of extragenic suppressors of pdc2 (pyruvate decarboxylase mutants) in S. cereviceae.
Grants and funding:
|STUDY TITLE||YEAR||Funding agency/ companies||PI/Co-I||Amount/ Status|
|Advanced Regenerative medicine for blinding disorders: Gene and Stem Cell therapy for retinal degeneration||2015||VGST, Govt. of Karnataka||Dr. Arkasubhra Ghosh||20 lakhs|
|Comparative post-surgical tear proteomic profiles of Laser-Assisted in situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) and Small Incision Lenticule Extraction (SMILE)||2015||Carl Zeiss Inc., Germany||Dr. Arkasubhra Ghosh/Dr. Rohit Shetty||29,000 Euro|
|Characterization of Telomerase- mediated regulation of EGFR- and BMP/SMAD- signalling essential for proliferation and invasion||2015||Indo-Swiss joint research programme – SNSF/DST||Dr. Arkasubhra Ghosh/Dr. Martin Sailer||40lakhs/ 250000 CHF|
|Exploring gene expression differences between
atherosclerotic and non atherosclerotic peripheral arteries within a patient to enable discovery of novel targets that mediate development of localized atherosclerotic plaques.
|2015||SERB/DST||Dr. Arkasubhra Ghosh/ Dr. Rupak Mukhopadhyay||50 lakhs|
|Investigating the role of telomerase regulation of epithelial mesenchymal transition in stem cell osteogenic specification associated with cranio-facial disorders||2015||CCI, Switzerland||Dr. Arkasubhra Ghosh||24000 CHF|
|Analysis of the role of corneal epithelium and tears in healing and vision recovery||2015||Orca Surgicals||Dr. Arkasubhra Ghosh/ Dr. Rohit Shetty||22500 EURO|
|Characterization of invasion-pathways in normal neural stem cells||2013-2015||Forschungsfonds der Universität Basel||Dr. Martin Sailer/Dr. Arkasubhra Ghosh||60,000 CHF|
|Combinatorial approach for inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases and inflammatory signalling as treatment modality of Keratoconus.||2013-2015||Allergan (Investigator Initiated Trial)||Dr. Arkasubhra Ghosh / Dr. Rohit Shetty||25000 USD|
|Regulation of MMP9 and Inflammation in Keratoconus||2014-||ICMR(Budget approved)||Dr. Arkasubhra Ghosh/ Dr. Rohit Shetty||28 lakhs INR|
|Identification of genomic variation relevant to Retinoblastoma||2014-16||Genentech (funded for whole exome and RNA-seq experiments)||Dr. Arkasubhra Ghosh /Dr. Somasekar Seshagiri||Unrestricted Grant-in-aid|
|Gene therapy for leukocyte adhesion deficiency type-1 in a murine model||2013-||ICMR||Dr. Everette JR Nelson/ Dr. Sanjay Kumar/ Dr. Arkasubhra Ghosh||44 lakhs|
CONTRIBUTIONS TO INSTITUTION AND COMMUNITY:
2008-present Peer reviewing international scientific research grant applications and articles.
2009-2012 Founding member of the IMCB Student/Postdoc Association; organized the IMCB annual symposia. Member of the A*Star Postdoc Society.
2007-2008 Editor-in-chief, “Pyramid”, the University of Missouri postdoctoral association newsletter.
2006-2007 Editor, “Shanthi sandesh”, newsletter for the Indian community and Hindu temple of Columbia, MO.
2003-2006 Recruiting students for the department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, University of Missouri –Columbia.
2002-2006 Membership of the Cultural Association of India, a MU campus student body and involved actively in various cultural programs throughout the year.
- Ghosh A. Discovery of novel cell cycle regulatory and signal transduction modules driving Retinoblastoma using a correlative multi-omics approach, ARVO, 2015
- Ghosh A. Identification of biomarkers for corneal ectasia: implications for clinical translation. NGBT, 2014
- Ghosh A. Understanding the biology of biomarkers for Keratoconus: implications for clinical translation, IERG, 2014
- Ghosh A. From Genes to Therapy: Novel Designs for Better Delivery. Indo-UK Genetics Forum, 2014
- Ghosh A. Novel regulatory roles for telomere associated proteins in signal transduction. Genentech, 2014
- Ghosh A. Novel applications of split gene vectors for gene therapy. University of Missouri – Columbia, 2014
- Ghosh A. Translational biomedical science:Is multi-omics the answer? Agilent, USA 2014
- Ghosh A. Role of telomeric proteins in signal transduction and human disease
- Ghosh A. From Genes to Therapy: Novel designs for better delivery. CARVES Symposium, Mumbai, India. 2013
- Ghosh A. Packing in portions: Dual Vector Modalities for AAV mediated gene therapy. Asia-ARVO, New Delhi, India
- Ghosh A. Telomerase modulation: A novel adjuvant for combinatorial treatment of ocular diseases. Asia-ARVO, New Delhi, India. 2013.
- Ghosh A. From Genes to Therapy: Basics of vector design. SIGN Conference, Bangalore, India 2013.
- Ghosh A. Transcriptional regulation of inflammation by telomere associated proteins. Mason Eye Institute, VA hospital, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA, 2013.
- Ghosh A. Telomere associated proteins as regulators of transcription. Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research, Pune India, 2013.
- Ghosh A. Split gene vectors: mechanisms for vector design and effectiveness in disease models. Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital. Mumbai, India, 2013
- Ghosh A. Telomerase regulation: a novel paradigm for ocular dysfunction. Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Congress, Hyderabad, India, 2013.
- Ghosh A. Instruction course lecture on Ocular Gene therapy. Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Congress, Hyderabad, India, 2013
- Ghosh A. Unknown pathogenesis of Keratoconus: Lessons from hidden biomarkers. First Asian Debate on Keratoconus, Bangalore, India 2012
- Ghosh A. Telomere as a novel regulator of inflammation. Singapore Eye Research Institute, March 2011.
- Ghosh A. From Genes to Therapy. Faculty lecture. 30th Annual Conference of the Karnataka Ophthalmic Society, Bangalore,
- Ghosh A. From Genes to Therapy: Molecular mechanisms and therapeutic strategies. Grand Rounds Faculty lecture. Narayana Nethralaya Eye Hospital, Bangalore,
- Ghosh A. Discovering novel molecular mechanisms of inflammation. Faculty lecture, Dharampeth Science College Alumni Meet, Nagpur, India, 2010.
- Ghosh A. Packing in portions: Design and application of AAV dual vectors for gene therapy. National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, India, March 2009.
- Ghosh A. Design and application of AAV dual vectors for gene therapy. Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore, January 2009.
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Long C, Bostick B, Smith B, Kornegay J, Duan D. Systemic AAV-9 delivery in normal dog leads to high-level persistent transduction in whole body skeletal muscle. American Society of Gene Therapy 11th Annual meeting Boston, USA 2008.
- Ghosh A. Digging in: Mechanistic Studies on Recombinant AAV Transduction and Genome Processing. Virology Works in Progress 2007 (University of Missouri, Columbia, USA).
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Duan D. Packing In Portions in the Right Bags: Expanding the Capacity of Recombinant Adeno-Associated Virus for Gene Therapy. Life Science seminar series 2006 (Life Science Center, Columbia, USA).
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Duan D. A Novel Hybrid System Efficiently Expands AAV Packaging Capacity. American Society of Gene Therapy (ASGT) 9th Annual meeting, Baltimore, USA 2006.
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Duan D. A Novel Hybrid System Efficiently Expands AAV Packaging Capacity. 23rd Annual GPC research and creative activities forum (RCAF) 2006 (University of Missouri – Columbia, USA).
RESEARCH PRESENTATIONS/ABSTRACTS PUBLISHED AT NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL MEETINGS
- Venkatesh A, Dave N, Ghosh A, Pandian R, Shetty R. Role of detecting CD4/8 ratio in aqueous humor of patients with uveitis., ARVO 2014 USA.
- Ghosh A, Shetty R, Zhou L, D’Souza S and Bueurman R. Identification of biomarkers for disease progression of Keratoconus. ARVO 2013 Seattle, USA.
- Ranganath A, Shetty R, D’souza S, Wadia K, Das D and Ghosh A. Matrix metalloproteinase-9 drives Keratoconus disease progression (oral presentation). ARVO 2013, Seattle USA.
- Kumaramanickavel G, Anandula V, Ramprasad R, Jeyabalan N, Ghosh A, Shetty R. Keratoconus Gene Mapping: Candidate Genes in the 14q11.2 homozygous region. ARVO 2013, Seattle USA.
- Anandula V, , Ramprasad R, Jeyabalan N, Shetty R, Ghosh A, Kumaramanickavel G. Homozygosity Mapping of Keratoconus to 12p13.1 region: The Ideal Candidate Genes. ARVO 2013, Seattle USA.
- Ghosh A, Wong M and Tergaonkar V. Role of Rap1 in DNA damage response. IMCB annual symposium 2011.
- Teo HL*, Ghosh A*, Wong, ET, Tergaonkar V. Rap1: An essential modulator of NFkB. (*equal contribution)
IMCB annual symposium, Singapore 2009.
- Ghosh A, Duan D. Competition studies reveal dual pathway transgene reconstitution in hybrid AAV vectors. American Society of Gene Therapy (ASGT) 11th Annual meeting, Boston 2008.
- Ghosh A, Duan D. Competition studies reveal dual pathway transgene reconstitution in hybrid AAV vectors. Missouri Life Science Week 2008 Poster, Columbia, MO.
- Yue Y, Bogan J, Ghosh A, Bogan D, Long C, Smith B, Kornegay J, Duan D. Intravascular Delivery of AAV-9 Leads to Efficient Transduction of Multiple Muscles in Dog. American Society of Gene Therapy. 10th Annual meeting 2007 Seattle.
- Bostick B, Ghosh A, Yue Y, Long C, Duan D. Effect of Animal Age and the Route of Administration on Systemic AAV-9 Transduction. American Society of Gene Therapy 10th Annual meeting Seattle 2007. Poster.
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Duan D. A Novel Hybrid System Efficiently Expands AAV Packaging Capacity. Missouri Life Science Week 2006 Poster, Columbia, MO
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Duan D. Overlapping Adeno-associated Viral (AAV) Vector Mediated Gene Transfer is Dependent on Viral Serotype and the Transgene Sequence in Skeletal Muscle. American Society of Gene Therapy (ASGT) 8th Annual meeting, Washington D.C. 2005 Poster.
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Duan D. Packing in Portions in the right bags: Expanding the capacity of AAV-mediated gene therapy. Missouri Life Science Week 2005 Poster, Columbia, MO.
- Ghosh A, Yue Y, Duan D. Overlapping Adeno-associated Viral (AAV) Vector Mediated Gene Transfer is Dependent on Viral Serotype and the Transgene Sequence in Skeletal Muscle. Missouri Life Science Week 2004 Poster, Columbia, MO.
- Furrer J, Hook-Barnard I, Ghosh A, McIntosh M. Membrane Protein P43 (Ents) Participates in Enterobactin Release from Escherichia coli. Missouri Life Science Week 2003 Poster, Columbia, MO.
- Ghosh A, Chakrabarty P, Meshram M, Wasule D, Raj S, Mayee C. Molecular Diagnostic Tools for Detection and Race Differentiation of Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. malvacearum. National Symposium on “Perspectives in Integrated Plant Disease Management” 2002, (Nagpur, India) Oral presentation.
- Ghosh A, Meshram M, Wasule D. Management of Bacterial Blight of Cotton with the Use of Plant Leaf Extracts. National Symposium on “Perspectives in Integrated Plant Disease Management” 2002, (Nagpur, India) Poster.
- Gupta K*, Ghosh A*, Chakrabarty P, Raj S, Monga D. Standardisation of a Protocol for Isolation of High Molecular Weight Genomic DNA from Cotton Plant. National Seminar on “Sustainable Cotton Production Technology and Future Perspectives” 2002, (Nagpur, India) Poster.