What is conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis or Sore eyes involve redness and inflammation of the membranes (Conjunctiva) covering the whites of the eyes and the membranes in the inner part of the eyelids.
[/av_textblock] [av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jy4701z0′ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”] SIGNS & SYMPTOMS CONJUNCTIVITIS
- Watery to pus-like discharge
- Redness of the eye with pain and/or itching
- Eyelids stuck together when waking up
CAUSES OF PINK EYE
- Viruses Which cause diseases like mumps measles, etc…
- Bacterias Like staphylococcus aureus, streptococcus pneumonia, etc…
- Fungi Organic matter like dirt or plants
- Allergens allergic diseases like asthma eczema and high fever
- Irritants smoke, dust wind, bright ultraviolet light, chlorine etc…
- Eye conditions like blepharitis, entropion & chronic dacryocystitis
- Direct contact with hands contaminated with eye secretions of an infected person
- Touching eyes with hands getting in contact with surfaces, instruments, or eye solutions contaminated with the virus
- Swimming in poorly chlorinated pools
Care tips for your eyes
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water
- Minimize hand-to-eye contact
- Use your own towels, eye drops, make-ups and applicators, sunglasses or eye glasses
- Avoid crowded places
- Ensure that doorknobs, counters, elevator buttons and handrails are regularly disinfected
- Wash clothes, towels, pillow cases and items that may have come in contact with an infected person.
- Wear eye glasses or sunglasses on windy days to protect eyes from foreign particles