Dr.Varshitha Hemanth Vasanthapuram
Specialization: Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, Orbit, Ocular Oncology, Dacryology, Socket Sciences
Work Experience: Post MS Ophthalmology 3.5 years. Most Fellowship: 1.5 years
Practice location: NN Bannerghatta Road
Days & timing of availability for each centre: Monday- Saturday 9 am to 6 pm
During her under-graduation, she won the Best paper award at the National Conference on Students Medical Research conducted at Government Medical College Trivandrum. She has won prizes at various national level quiz competitions during post-graduation and received the Bronze medal in MD examination in 2017.
Dr. Vasanthapuram has presented many research papers at International, National and Regional conferences. She has publications in peer-review journals and a few book chapters. She has special interest in pursuing research in Thyroid Eye Disease and imaging specific to eyelid. She is the lifetime member of All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS), Oculoplastics Association of India (OPAI) and Asia Pacific Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (APSOPRS).
Education & Training
1) MBBS : Vijayanagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary
2)M.S Ophthalmology: Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, 2014-2017
3)FRCS part 1 Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Dacryology, Ocular Oncology And Socket Sciences-
L V Prasad Eye Institute, Kallam Anji Reddy Campus, Hyderabad. Jan 2018- Dec 2019
Achievements & Awards
1) Best Paper award – “Risk factors for severe pneumonia in children: a Hospital based case control study” at The 4th National Conference On Students Medical Research, Government Medical College Trivandrum, January 2011.
2) First runners up prize in Post graduate Quiz “Intelligence revisited” at Sadhguru Conclave Convergence, Shri Sadguru Seva Sang trust, Sadguru Netra Chikitsalaya, Chitrakoot. December 2016.
3) Special Prize in Post Graduate Quiz at iFocus 2017, Hyderabad, January 2017.
4) Allergan Academic Achievers Award: qualifying the final round (all India top 100) at Erudio Quiz 2016, Delhi, January 2017
5) Bronze medal in MS Ophthalmology examination, May 2017
6) Cumulative best Fellow in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Services June 2019 and December 2019