Dr Priyanka V Walvekar
Work Experience: 3 Years
Days & timing of availability for each centre:
NN1: Monday to Saturday ; 9 30 to 6 pm
Practice location: NN 1 -Rajajinagar
Priyanka V Walvekar completed her primary medical education from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences, Bangalore and her post graduate training in Ophthalmology from Nethradhama Superspeciality Eye hospital, Bangalore. Following this, with a keen interest in Oculoplasty she pursued her two year long term fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic surgery and Ocular oncology from L V Prasad Eye Institute. She has presented at various national and international forums , has publications to her credit and is involved in academic activities. Her areas of interest include Orbit, Ophthalmic plastic surgery and Dacryology.
Education & Training
LV Prasad eye institute
Achievements & Awards
1. Awarded Best outgoing Ophthalmology resident at annual convocation Nethradhama superspeciality eye hospital-2018 2. 2nd rank in Allergan post-graduate quiz, Eurodio 2017
3. Awareded Certificate of observership at Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
4. Awarded certificate for Clinical case presentation on management of congenital ptosis in the oculoplasty educational series with University of Illinois Chicago
5. Awarded certificate for Clinical case presentation at the oculoplasty complex cases conquered webinar 2021
6. Scientific case presentation at AIOS conference 2018 on efficacy of perforated punctual plugs in epiphora due to ocular surface allergy
7. Presentation at AIOS conference 2017 and KOS 2017 (Best Poster)
8. Chief editor in Oculoplasty for ‘Just A Minute’ pearls :2021-2022
Research & Publications (Number Of Indexed Papers)
1. Textbook chapter on eyelid retraction in Post graduate textbook of ophthalmology, Zia Chaudhari
2. Walvekar P, Naik MN. Eyelid retraction (chapter).Zia,Vanathi (Editors).Post graduate ophthalmogy,Jaypee medical publishers,2020.
3. Bansal O, Bothra N, Walvekar P, Sharma A, Ali MJ. Congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction update study (CUP study): paper I-role and outcomes of Crigler’s lacrimal sac compression. Eye (Lond). 2021 Jun;35 (6):1600-1604
4. Walvekar PV, Jakati S, Bothra N, Kaliki S. Isolated eyelid chondroid syringoma: a study of two cases. BMJ Case Rep. 2021 Dec 30;14(12):e245354. doi: 10.1136/bcr2021-245354. PMID: 34969791; PMCID: PMC8719128.
5. Walvekar P, Bothra N. Multiple Bilobed Orbital Schwannomas: A Rare Sight. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2022 Jun 3. Doi: 10.1097/IOP.0000000000002229. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35657645.
6. Dave TV, Walvekar P. Two-year Outcomes of Transcutaneous Non-Image Guided Bleomycin Sclerotherapy in Conjunctival Lymphatic Malformations: A Protocol-Based Management in 16 Eyes. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2022 Jul 13. doi: 10.1097/IOP.0000000000002243.
7. Book chapter on Anatomy of lacrimal system -applied aspects for congenital and acquired causes
8. Kale SB, Walvekar P,
Sachdeva V. Optic nerve head melanocytoma: Role of multimodal imaging. Oman J Ophthalmol 2022
Total Reviews – 18
Consulted Dr. Priyanka V Walvekar for Ophthalmology eyelid issues surgery. She is excellent doctor. She explained the issue patiently and also the surgery details. She made me comfortable and made me understand that the procedure will be painless and nothing to worry. She was very active during the surgery and did it such that I didn’t experience any pain. I have recovered well now and thanks to the doctor for the excellent care.
Dr Priyanka v surgery done my DCR surgery Excellent and she is explaine everything about surgery she is treated very excellent treating way like family member, we r so happy about Dr priyanka Surgery Explanation, Thank so much Madam i will reffer to others . pleasure to refer, Thank u to Dr priyanka ji
Dr Priyanka V Walvekar treated me she was really good and explained my condition well for me