Dr. Jyoti Matalia
Specialization: Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus & Neuro-ophthalmology
Work Experience: L.V. Prasad Eye Institute: From April 2004 to February 2006. Narayana Nethralaya since April 2006 – Total experience of 20 years since post-graduation of which 16 years of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Strabismus and Neuro-ophthalmology
Practice location: NN2 & NN4
Days & timing of availability for each centre: 9 am to 5:30 pm at NN2 on all days except on Wednesday 9 am to 1 pm;
NN4 – Wednesdays 3 pm to 6 pm
Education & Training
MBBS: T.N.Medical College & Nair Hospital from July 1990 to December 1995
D.O (Ophthalmology): Mumbai University – June 1996 to July 1998
D.N.B (Ophthal): Diplomate of National Board – August 1998 to December 1999
1. Fellowship in Glaucoma – January 2002 to March 2002
2. Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology – Short-term: October 2001 to December 2001; Longterm: January 2003 to March 2004
3. IFOS/ICO-Fellowship: The Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospitals, Baltimore, MD, USA- July 2006 to September 2006
4. Pediatric Neuro-ophthalmology Observership: The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA under Dr Michael Brodsky – October 2007
Achievements & Awards
1. Secured 2nd rank in University of Mumbai in D.O.(Ophthalmology) examinations (August 1998)
2. Secured distinction in D.O. (Ophthalmology) examinations (August 1998).
3. Adjudged as the “Best Ophthalmology fellow of the year 2003” by the faculty at L.V. Prasad Eye Institute during the pediatric ophthalmology fellowship and awarded a “Certificate of Excellence”
4. Visited Kaduna, Nigeria as a VF of ORBIS International on the ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital to teach and train pediatric ophthalmologists and glaucoma specialist
5. Best video award at FUSION 2012 in February 2012, an international conference on Pediatric ophthalmology & Strabismus held in Hyderabad.
6. Dr. Krishna Murthy first paper award at Annual Conference of Karnataka Ophthalmologic Society 2013, Hassan
7. Selected in the top 10 videos at the 73rd Annual conference of All India Ophthalmological Society, New Delhi, February, 2015
8. Selected in top 5 videos at Inaugural video awards of 3rd World Congress of Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismology (WCPOS) in September 2015 in Barcelona, Spain
9. Best paper award at the 4th World Congress of Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismology (WCPOS) in September 2015 in Hyderabad
10. Best poster podium award at the first Indian Neuro-Ophthalmology Society meeting in September 2018
11. Best poster award at American Academy Ophthalmology in Chicago in October 2018
12. Best poster award at the 77rd Annual conference of All India Ophthalmological Society, Gurugram, February, 2019
Total Reviews – 134
Dr Jyoti treated for baby 3month .we are from West bengal and came here for treatment for cataract. the whole staff including nurse opd and team treated excellent with guidance. thanks to service
Dr. Jyoti Matalia treated for my baby 3months for cataract.the procedure done excellent with all care and comfort .thanks to whole team
Dr.Jyothi, Dr Sushma and Dr.Gagan all taking care of my child since 5months baby .And til now giving treatment ,he is 7year ..All the doctors are caring with good cooperation…Everyone til now are very much helped to treat my child and we take regular follow up since 7years..we thank to responsible team working here with great passion and care.thanks for wonderful support and service..
Dr.Jyothi treated for my baby Sathvik 2years.Staff are well cooperative and supportive …We are from Vkota andra we are taken care with our language by staff and well done.Thanks to whole team.
Dr. Jyoti Matalia, Dr. Ashwini & Anesthesiologist I don’t remember ur Name..Thank you very much😍😊 Very friendly & professionals doctors u guys I got my squint surgery done. U guys are very talented in what u guys are doing in and u people are very good doctors & very caring & guided me in a right way. I’m very happy😊. The hospital staff and doctors and management.👏👍 All the best Doctors Great future Ahead 😊
Dr.Jyothi very good consultant. We are from Raichur taking treatment for my son .we are satisfied. Thanks for service
Dr Jyoti I am very happy with treatment I am satisfaction for my side
Treated by Dr. Jyothi ..Happy and satisfied. Thanks.
Dr. Jyoti Matalia Very friendly doctor .My child is very well. She is talented and good doctor. She is very caring and guided me in a right way. I’m very happy. The hospital is very good and happy with all staff and doctor.and also management.
Dr Jyothi Consulated doctor and good behaviour. thanks