Dr. Himanshu Matalia
Designation: Medical Superintendent,
Head: Cornea, Refractive Surgery, Ocular Surface
Specialization: Cornea, Refractive Surgery, Cataract, Ocular Surface & Stem cell transplantation
Work Experience: 20 Years
Practice location: NN2 & NN4
Days & timing of availability for each centre: NN2: 9am – 5pm (all except Wednesday), Wednesday: 9am – 1pm,
NN4: Wednesday: 3pm – 5pm.
Education & Training
1. International Council of Ophthalmology fellowship at The Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, US.
2. Superspeciality fellowship in Cornea and Anterior Segment, L.V.Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad. 2001-2002.
3. Masters in Ophthalmology, MS from M. P. Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, Gujarat. 1998-2000.
4. MBBS from M. P. Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, Gujarat. Between. 1992-1997.
Achievements & Awards
1. Founding member & member executive committee of Cornea Society of India
2. Awarded best video by European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons.
3. Awarded best research paper by Asia Pacific Association of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons.
4. Awarded best research paper by European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons.
5. Invited faculty at reputed flying eye hospital ORBIS.
6. Invited speakers at multiple national and internal conferences.
7. Acclaimed teacher and mentor, have trained multiple fellows from across the world.
8. Member editorial board: Indian Journal of Ophthalmology.
9. Reviewer of many international and national journals.
Total Reviews – 684
Yesterday I had lasic surgery in NN at bommasandra..Dr himanshu matalian sir did operation very well and handle carefully ..and facilities also very good ..now I am free from glass..upto yesterday I was feeling I was depend on someday due to spex and I can’t do what I want ..but now I am feeling like a free bird ..From now it’s my new journey ..I am very thankful to Dr .himanshu sir and team ..ನಾರಾಯಣ ನೇತ್ರಾಲಯ..❤️