Dr. Himanshu Matalia
Designation: Medical Superintendent,
Head: Cornea, Refractive Surgery, Ocular Surface
Specialization: Cornea, Refractive Surgery, Cataract, Ocular Surface & Stem cell transplantation
Work Experience: 20 Years
Practice location: NN2 & NN4
Days & timing of availability for each centre: NN2: 9am – 5pm (all except Wednesday), Wednesday: 9am – 1pm,
NN4: Wednesday: 3pm – 5pm.
Education & Training
1. International Council of Ophthalmology fellowship at The Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, US.
2. Superspeciality fellowship in Cornea and Anterior Segment, L.V.Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad. 2001-2002.
3. Masters in Ophthalmology, MS from M. P. Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, Gujarat. 1998-2000.
4. MBBS from M. P. Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, Gujarat. Between. 1992-1997.
Achievements & Awards
1. Founding member & member executive committee of Cornea Society of India
2. Awarded best video by European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons.
3. Awarded best research paper by Asia Pacific Association of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons.
4. Awarded best research paper by European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons.
5. Invited faculty at reputed flying eye hospital ORBIS.
6. Invited speakers at multiple national and internal conferences.
7. Acclaimed teacher and mentor, have trained multiple fellows from across the world.
8. Member editorial board: Indian Journal of Ophthalmology.
9. Reviewer of many international and national journals.