Dr. G. K. Venkatesh
Specialization: Cataract Surgery Services
Work Experience: 22 Years with 9 months
Practice location: NN1 Rajajinagar
Days & timing of availability for each centre: NN1: Monday – Saturday (8:30am – 5:30pm)
Dr G.K.Venkatesh is a senior cataract consultant in Narayana Nethralaya, Rajajinagar.
He has a good exposure of handling complicated cases with retrofixated IOL, Femto laser cataract surgery, MICS, Phacoemulsification, Toric & Multifocal IOL.
He is a skilled Anterior segment Surgeon and has conducted many community outreach services eye screening camps, school screenings and corporate eye screenings camps with lot of experience in surgical skills.
He is previously experienced from:
- Prabha Eye Clinic & Research Centre and Vittala International Institute Of Ophthalmology(VIIO) 1998 to 2013
- Vasan Eye Care Jayanagar from 2013 to 2015
- SECT unit of Nethradhama Super Speciality Hospital from 2015 to 2021
Education and Training:
Dr G K Venkatesh did his MBBS in KIMS Bangalore in 1993.
Senior House Officer in St Marthas Hospital in 1995-96
Post Graduation D O M S in Mysore Medical College in 1996-98
He has been trained in Orthokeratology (overnight RGP lens wearing for Myopic correction) In Bombay
Attended PGDM &L(Diploma in Medical Ethics & law) Nagarbhavi-Bangalore University.
Has Given Phaco and Sics training to the DNB and Phaco fellow’s
Achievement and Awards:
Conducted many community outreach services like eye camps, school screenings camps in and around Bangalore most of the district of Karnataka, many places of Hosur- Tamilnadu with collaboration along Titan and TVS industries.
Research and Publication:
- Paper Presentation- With Dr Subhash Vitamin-A prophylaxis programme at Yellandur Chamarajanagar District, Pre-school screening, this paper conferred Best paper award at KOS 2005-06
- Difficulties faced by the Institution during camps at KOS conference 2011
- Convertion of Phacoemulsification to SICS in BOS conference in 2019
- Moderator in KOS 2019 SICS session
- Attended National and State conference
Total Reviews – 149
Very professional and well maintained hospital. The Doctors are through and provide clear information about the diagnosis, treatment, procedures, etc. The staff is very courteous and provide help with dedicated insurance help desk. Overall, it has been a great experience at the Narayana Nethralaya for my dad’s cataract treatment. Would highly recommend anyone to visit this hospital for ophthalmology related treatment.(Dr.Venkatesh)