Cataract Screening and Surgery
Narayana Nethralaya conducts periodic rural and urban cataract camps for the under previlaged. All patients screened at the camps are transported to our base hospital, operated, housed and transported back to their villages free of cost on a regular basis. All cases receive state-of-the-art surgical expertise and undergo an Intra Ocular Lens implantation.
In collaboration with local NGOs and well wishers, we conduct cataract screening camps at peripheral suburban and rural areas. Surgeries are performed free of cost or at subsidized cost.
Those who are willing to Organize / Sponsor free (Cataract / Eye Screening) Camp can contact Dr. (Maj) Narendra P.
Following are the requirements before you plan to conduct a camp
- Request Letter addressed to CMD/ COO , Narayana Nethralaya, Bangalore with subject requesting for a free Eye Screening camp
- Required details in your request letter.
– Date and Place ( location) of the camp.
– Type of the camp (Cataract, Screening camp etc…).
– Approximate No. of Out patients.
– Timings of the Camp.
– Minimum of 3 rooms are required on the day of Camp.
The following Table summarises the activities related to screening camps for the last years
|Year||Total Cases Screened||Total Cases Operated|
|2005 – 2006 (April – March)||5892||752|
|2006 – 2007 (April – March)||17019||1592|
|2007 – 2008 (April – March)||12716||1239|
|2008 – 2009 (April – March)||13367||1413|
|2009 – 2010 (April – March)||45266||2038|
|2010 – 2011 (April – March)||35429||1879|
For further details contact us
Dr. (Maj) Narendra P
COO (Marketing) & Administrator (NN-2)
Mob: +91-9900093498, Ph: +91-80-66660655-0658