Staying fit and healthy is the most popular buzzword of the current times but it’s basically meant for muscles, heart, bones etc. Taking good care of your eyes, so as to protect and maintain your eyesight, is also very vital for leading healthy lifestyle. It is an undeniable fact that your eyesight is closely dependent on your food preferences. Different types of nutrients in food help to prevent a wide range of eye diseases and also protect your eyes from age-related muscular degeneration.
Let’s explore some natural foods which make your eyesight sharp and bright.
- Carrots: Sure, you guessed it right! Fresh juicy Carrots tops the list because it is loaded with beta-carotene which is very essential for preventing degeneration of eye muscles, which gets more chronic as you get older. Oranges, lemons and other citrus fruits are also rich in Vitamin B-12 and beta-carotene, thus helping you to maintain your eyesight.
- Spinach: All green and leafy vegetables are good for your eyes. Spinach contains high volume of Lutein, which prevents cell damage. Eye muscles and cells are very sensitive and fragile. Lutein makes your eye muscles stronger and helps to prevent infections.
- Broccoli: The presence of Antioxidants in Broccoli makes it a rich source of Vitamin A, which is very inevitable for healthy eyes. You can use the green Broccoli, just sautéed, steamed or just raw in salads, thus retaining their vitamin content intact for your eyes to absorb.
- Fresh Salmon, tuna: Fleshy fish is a good source of Omega 3 fatty acid, which makes the tiny blood vessels of eyes stronger and healthier. Essential fatty acids from fleshy fish assist in proper flow of intraocular fluid in eyes and prevent dry eye syndrome and glaucoma.
- Sweet potatoes: Many don’t know that sweet potatoes, with their mild sweetness, are storehouses of many vitamins essential for eyes like vitamin A, beta carotene, potassium, Vitamin C and fiber etc, which prevents eye damage and restores damaged eye cells, back in to good shape.
- Turkey: Chicken and pork lovers can opt for a tasty turkey treat as it is full of proteins, calcium, zinc and Vitamin B, essential for keeping your vision sharp. It also acts as a slowing agent for cataract and muscular degeneration of eye muscles.
- Nuts and Dry Fruits: Snacking on nuts like almonds, apricots, cashew nuts etc helps in reducing help risk related to your eyes and vision as they are rich in Vitamin E, which help in preventing cataract and eye muscle degeneration.
Including these wonder foods in your diet, at least once in every week, will give you clear results for your eyes. For more information on diet for healthy eyes, you can contact your eye specialist.